SQL server Consultant (DBA+ Developer)Back To List
Number of Vacancy : 2
Applicant must have: 5+ years Experience
Mandatory Technical Skill:
- MS SQL Server Administration.
- High Availability, AlwaysON, Administration, Architecting and Capacity Planning with SQL Server Instance and Engine.
- Backup/Recovery, export/import and logical backup.
- Performance Tuning and Query Optimization, DTA, DEA, QTA, Extended Events, SQL Profiler.
- Architecting and providing best practice suggestions.
- Shell scripting, Automation and T-SQL, PL/SQL.
- Good analytical, problem-solving skills, verbal and written communication skills.
- Producing quality documents including root cause analysis and managing same.
- Working experience with large environment.
- This position is responsible to architecting, managing and administration MS SQL Server Instances and Databases, including development support of daily operations and helps to develop strategies to improve availability and utilization of SQL Server Environment of multination clients having database sizes in multi terabytes on on-prem and cloud.
- Candidate must have played varying role of SQL Server Architecture, DBA and Developer and on-prim and cloud environment.
- 5 to 10 years as MS SQL Server Database Administrator cum Developer
- Played roles of SQL Server Architecture, DBA and Developer and on-prim and cloud environment.
- MTech, BTech, BE, MCA, BE, MSc IT
- MCDBA certification preferably.
- Candidate must have played role of SQL Server Architecture, DBA and Developer in his professional career.
- Have experience on working with and have knowledge of changes with various releases of SQL Server Version like 2017/2016/2014/2012.
- Have expertise in installation, configuration and upgrade of MS SQL Server Databases of various releases for large scale organization with all possible configuration options like AlwaysON, Clustering, Replication, Mirroring, Log Shipping and Supporting daily administrative activity and exhaustive monitoring for availability.
- As SQL Server DBA role,
- Candidate must have expertise in architecting SQL Server Instances and Databases for availability and best performance.
- Candidate must have worked on High Availability Options like AlwaysON, Clustering, Replication, Mirroring and Log Shipping including implementation and administration.
- Experience in Implementing backup strategy, configuring maintenance plans for backups and have expert in all recovery scenarios in case of physical and logical corruption. Added advantage if candidate had worked on enterprise backup management tool.
Experience in administering Instances and Databases, physical and logical structures and implementing and administration of SQL Server Instance security.
- As SQL Server Developer,
- Candidate must have knowledge of SQL Server Development areas includes, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Functions and Triggers and other objects with best practices and adopted standards.
- Expert in writing tuned SQLs, aware about indexing, partitioning, indexed view.
- Administration of SQL server Agents, Administering and monitoring configured SQL Jobs, SSIS packages and Integration Services Jobs, an advantage if candidate have Reporting Service, & Analysis Services knowledge.
- Proficiency in implementing and utilizing supported features with SQL Server like in-Memory, Change Data Capture, DReplay, Query Store, Full Text Indexing etc.
- Expertise in developing PowerShell scripts, have visibility and passionate about automating tasks with automation tools.
- Managing and administration of Development/QA/Staging/Production environment process like change management, build process for new development and product release.
- Working experience with heterogeneous databases& multiple databases. address and resolve Technical Issues related to Databases and provide 24*7 supports with international client. Experienced in handling large databases and aware about pros- and cos- with real-time experience.
For performance tuning, candidate must have expertise in various tools like DTA, DEA, QTA, Extended Events, SQL Profiler, tracing SQLs, Performance DMVs, System Procedures, DBCC Commands and strong knowledge of query optimization and query analysis, reviewing Execution Plans and able to find out performance root cause and advise on recommendations§ Played role in new implementation, migration and upgrade SQL Server Editions on on-prem and Cloud Environment.
Able to develop SSIS Packages.
Additional skill sets and expectations:
Eager to learn other database technologies like Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL or NoSQL databases and Oracle GoldenGate for Replication with SQL server.
- Passionate about automating tasks using powershell scripts.
- Able to work with Consultant sand Developers and able to escalate of database issues with Microsoft Support and Development team/Consultant.
- Good and quality interpretation, written, communication and documentation skill.
- Able to support 24/7 data center operations.
- Ready to work during planed weekend support.
Ready to work out-of-hours maintenance and on call support.